In 2018 WWC will operate under a formal leadership and revised committee structure as mandated by amended Bylaws. As we work to accomplish the mission - To promote the vitality and economic benefits of our working waterfronts for the people of Whatcom County - the 2018 Annual Plan addresses actions by four primary committees.
Working within the framework provided by the By-Laws, the Executive Committee will:
- Act on behalf of the Board of Directors, keep the Board informed and request its approval when appropriate
- Continue to staff committees and oversee their work
- Serve as a clearinghouse for issues and develop policies to guide Coalition actions.
- Maximize member communications and involvement in cooperation with the Public Relations Committee
- Create, administer, amend as needed, and ensure the accountability of the Annual Plan
- Maintain fiscal control, administering adopted protocols
Government Relations Committee
Under the direction of the Board and the Executive Committee, the Government Relations Committee will:
Research issues of concern regarding the long-term viability of our working waterfronts
Communicating as one voice, respond appropriately on behalf of Coalition membership the Coalition's positions to government, NGOs, businesses and the public.
Recognizing the Secretary's responsibility to publish all internal meeting notices, agendas, minutes, and documents, under the direction of the Board and the Executive Committee the Communications Committee will:
Manage our message through coordination of all external communications to our community and the public including publishing newsletters, e-flyers, brochures, fact sheets, and updating and maintaining our website and social media
Under the direction of the Board and the Executive Committee, the Membership Committee will:
- Collaborate with the Secretary to maintain member data and make regular contacts with members as specified in Bylaws
- Implement programs to increase full and associate membership
- Collaborate with the Treasurer to collect and record member dues